Home, hmm who would have thought I would want to leave this place of comfort.
I knew that being home this summer would be difficult but I was not expecting it to be this hard.
Home I am surrounded by life: Mean chickens, baby chickens, blooming flowers,Ringo, family, sunshine, emotions, cooking, I know I should be grateful for it all…
But at times it’s hard to find all the positives in that list.
Ever since last summer I still am having a hard time accepting me for me, and my family for them. Automatically I want to be like my mom and even my sister, I feel like if I am like them or if I have a similar body to them I will then feel beautiful. I work so hard trying to be like them that the real Emily gets lost. I don’t know how long it will take me to realize that this should not be my main concern.
This last weekend has been an interesting one for me I left Winona for the summer (minus some weekends) saying check ya to friends and rekindling friendships back in Hastings. I do miss my winona friends they were all such good friends, always being there when I needed them and suddenly we now have to communicate through letters, texting, and phone which are all great but just not the same.
Since being home I have accomplished some things:
Gardening
A free dinner at Las Margaritas
Saw my cousins (Lucas & Isaac)
Had the Accord over-heat on me
Seasoned and smoked a turkey
Reading more
Watching Lost
Reawaken old friendships
Today don’t think just do.
No comments:
Post a Comment