Friday, May 28, 2010

Home is whenever I'm with you

Home is such a comfort for me, it was so nice going home for the day yesterday.
Instantly when I walked into my house the smells overpowered me and instantly like a cloud of dust I was swept away. Feelings of comfort, love, laughter took over my mind and then I told myself, Welcome Home.
Sometimes I get so taken away with life that I forget about my favorite things.
Last summer I discovered my favorite escape, that is whenever l need to escape my thoughts i will leave
I will, run, walk, skip, scream all the way down to the river just to
escape
stare
cry
sleep
breathe
SCREAM
pray
love
down by the river the clouds float by me through the trees and suddenly my thoughts stop and I embrace the grass itching my legs, I laugh at the fact that I was crying, I dance, I realize that tomorrow I will wake up and it will be a new day.
When I am there I feel safe, I feel relaxed, I feel that life will continue

Last night on my drive back to Winona I thought of all the tears shed on Hwy 61, all the times I would cry the whole way back to winona because I didnt want to leave the comfort of my home, family, love, support.
Yesterday it wasnt like that, for once I accepted the fact that I can find comfort anywhere, through friends, music, driving.
It want until later in the evening that I wished that I was back in Welch laying by the river, laying on the grass.
I needed that escape, to think, to cry, to talk it out with the moon. I wanted to be there because the only way I couldn't be hurt was if I was sitting by myself in the moonlight.
Me and water - with the fish jumping, the trees hovering over me that is the protection I needed.
I never wanted to be hurt, but in the end sometimes you just have to let go of the hope you are building inside yourself and let it out - be honest - forgive - embrace the risk - or even fall.
last night I fell, I put myself out there and the branch finally broke and I fell. Hard.
Im trying to be understanding and thinking about the situation as a whole but what about me? My emotions count in this equation too right?
Now I am here reminding myself that today is a new day and hells yes I will try to accept life's challenges by enjoying the little things that are tossed at me today.

Positives for the day:
Summer is here
My friends ROCK
Hookah
Sunshine and coffee
Dresses
Laughter

Today my top three songs will be:
1. "The Art of Falling"
2. "Blue Lips"
3. "Skinny love"

No comments:

Post a Comment