Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Parks, Barns & Tigers Blood




Lanesboro is where I ventured off to this weekend. For what you ask..

I jumped on the once in a lifetime opportunity to learn how to BARN DANCE that is.

I can now proudly say that I can (not gracefully) square dance. A group of us slid our cowboy boots on for the night and danced the night away.
But before the dancing started we hit up a café for a quick dinner and then we went out on the town. To our convince there was a park there, which was a perfect place for us to waste some time, swinging, merry-go rounding and playing with twigs was enough to have me reminisce about my childhood and all the fun I had in my backyard.
I was shaking in my boots when I first walked through the door to the Barn Dance, but my hand was stamped welcome and suddenly I remembered that there is no turning back even my two left feet will not ruin this for me. Within seconds we were all dancing and after a brief glimpse over at Zach I realized that this will be entertaining. After 3 hours of dancing, sweating, and laughing I can now (add) then cross this off my bucket list. I now have a few months to find me some boots to wear for my next barn dance adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment